I’d delighted to find out that our blog has been nominated for a Liebster Award. The lovely Events Blogger Becki Cross (Events Northern Director, blogger at http://eventsnorthern.wordpress.com and also a collaborative partner of the National UK Blog Awards) has nominated us – thanks Becki!
About the Liebster Award
The Liebster Award is for bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers and uses the following guidelines:
- thank the person that nominated you and link back to their blog
- display the award “badge” on your blog
- answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you
- list 11 random facts about yourself
- nominate up to 11 bloggers and let them know you have nominated them
- set 11 questions for the bloggers you have nominated
- post a comment on the blog post of the person that nominated you so they can read the post
Becki posted this very useful link which I’ve also used to help understand the award and rules: The Official Rules Of The Liebster Award.
Becki’s questions to me
1. Explain your blogging journey
I started the blog to help promote our business to be honest I always struggled for things to write and to find the time and point in updating the blog. However as blogs have become more popular and I read many myself I decided to look at the reasons I like particular blogs and came up with the following – they were personal as opposed to too sell sell sell, they were varied and the information was useful. When my partner and I decided to get married this then lead me to starting to introduce a more personal vibe with readers something I enjoy on other people’s blogs. I think to truly develop a blog you have to read other blogs to understand what you enjoy about them whether they be related to your work, home, wedding etc… (I read blogs on all these areas and the best bit it saves you a fortune on magazines!). Becki became a partner in the newly formed National UK Blog Awards but at that time I didn’t feel in a position to enter despite Becki’s enthusiasm for us to and have consequently promised myself and her we will be entering with a more award worthy blog this year!
2. What do you love most about blogging?
The opportunity to be able to write about subjects, suppliers and issues I enjoy discussing and making the time to research and gain additional information or thoughts on that area that I otherwise wouldn’t sit back and find the time to do and also to engage with followers on these subjects.
3. Are you a morning person or a night owl?
A morning person – I’m better at being a little more of both in summer but in winter after 9pm I will be highly unproductive snuggled under a throw with a hot chocolate!
4. In your opinion who is the best 90s band or artist?
That is a tough one – as a teenager in the 90s all the music reminds me of great times even if not all the music looking back was all that great but if push came to shove I would have to go with Oasis so many fabulous songs that I would still happily listen to today followed very closely by the Stereophonics whose music I grew to love more from the 90s onwards (along with Kelly Jones!)
5. What makes you mad?
I could write a whole blog post on this I absolutely belong on grumpy old women! To cut it short: fakeness (of people that is), road traffic cones and no workers, people who litter the streets, lorries overtaking lorries on the motorway, but most of all rudeness (lacking of manners, ignorance, queue pushers and general rude people!)
6. Dog or cat?
I love most animals dogs and cats included but as a Golden Retriever owner I have to pick dogs!
7. What is your main aim/ambition in life?
To be happy. For me that has always meant the right work life balance, the ambition to see lots of things and spend time with the people who mean the most to me and to always keep learning new things.
8. What are your blogging goals?
To keep the blog going as a start as it’s so easy when I’m particularly busy to put it off and keep putting it off until it becomes to big to quickly pick back up again but over time I hope it becomes a separate complementary side to our business.
9. What is your favourite book of all time?
A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini, in fact all three of his books are fabulous. I also loved the Twilight Series (much to my own surprise), anything by Sophie Kinsela makes me literally laugh out loud, I love crime fiction too anything by Mary Higgins Clarke, Gillian Flyn or Karen Slaughter and my favourite feel good book would have to be Written In The Stars by Sarah Ball. I love to read and try to make time for it, just not always succeeding!
7. Would you carry on blogging even if no-one read your posts?
Yes because I assume people give up on blogging too easily – I have a couple of times so should know! Like with any project you have to give it time and learn lessons while doing it to perfect it into something people will read.
8. What is your favourite flower?
Peony – beautiful soft large flowers my absolute favourite just a shame they don’t have a longer season.
11 random facts about me
- I also do an upholstery hobby course
- I am a Hollyoaks addict (I watch / record the E4 First Look Hollyoaks!)
- I’m a Macmillan fundraising volunteer – after loosing my mum almost 5 years ago to cancer and the phenomenal support they provide I think it’s important to give back even if you can only spare an hour a month for a charity close to you.
- Before starting and all things nice I used to be a trainee management accountant after completing an Economics degree (I love Economics but a career with figures goodness knows what I was thinking!)
- If I won the lottery I would be most excited to be able to justify paying someone to do the ironing and never having to do it again!
- I’m currently when I have time researching my family tree I just regret not having started it when my grandparents were alive so many questions come from it and it’s too late to ever have them answered.
- I used to play the flute in school and wish I kept it up as now I can’t even remember how to read music
- The album I have playing at the minute is the Brit Awards 2014 – trying to stay in touch with being young!
- I love lists!
- I dream of living in a country cottage small holding
- I’m trying and currently failing to do crochet – I will master it!
I nominate the following blogs/bloggers:
- http://getmarriedinyorkshire.co.uk/wedding-blog @getmarriedyorks
- http://www.oakhousestudio.blogspot.co.uk/ @LynndaOHS
- http://www.rainbowsinbeverley.blogspot.co.uk/ @Yvonnegreen
- http://www.soyouregettingmarried.com/ @PhoebeWedding
- http://www.sellmywedding.co.uk/blog/ @sellmywedding
- http://www.jessieloves.com/ @Jessie_Thomson
- http://www.iwantapoem.com/blog/ @IWantAPoem
- http://bridesandbeauty.co.uk/blog-2/ @BrideandBeauty
- http://www.myjewellerydesigner.co.uk/page9.htm @GarnetLee
My questions to the nominated bloggers
- When did you start blogging and why?
- What is your pet hate?
- Where do you find inspiration for your blogging?
- What is your perfect Saturday night?
- What is your favourite childhood candy sweet?
- What is the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
- What is your favourite film of all time?
- What piece of advice would you give to a younger you?
- What 5 products could you not live without?
- What is your favourite part of a wedding?
- Vintage or new?
Nominated bloggers – don’t forget to leave a comment with a link to your blog post below so I can have a read!