So now Christmas town lights are being switched on and the Coca Cola advert is on the television it’s starting to feel Christmassy and so starts me blogging about it! We’ve noticed orders starting to come in faster now for our Christmas table ranges and one of these is the Christmas Cheer Range. A fun range which appeals to adults and children alike with a fun vintage inspired feel it covers all bases and certainly adds some talking points to the Christmas table.
The range consists of everything from santa hat glass decorations and table confetti to paper plates, perfect for the family Christmas dinner or for gatherings over the Christmas period. I love that it even includes paper party platters, even less washing up certainly fills me with Christmas Cheer!
No Christmas party table would be complete without a scattering of coordinating table confetti which also comes in handy for annoying recipients of your Christmas cards (in our family this is our overly tidy brother who now opens all cards from us over the bin, the spoil sport!).
The Christmas tree shaped cake stand in the range is a real centrepiece and would look lovely with mince pies on but we’re loving these Christmas Tree cupcakes! Not everyone likes Christmas cake and these make a great alternative. Here’s a quick recipe and tips on making them:
- 150 g softened butter
- 150 g caster sugar
- 3 eggs (beaten)
- 150 g self-raising flour (sifted)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp milk
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/ 160C fan/ gas 4.
2. Cream the butter and sugar together until light, fluffy and pale.
3. Slowly mix in the beaten egg alternating with the flour to prevent it from curdling. Stir in the vanilla extract and milk.
4. Place cupcake cases into a muffin tin and divide the mixture between the 12 of them.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden and springy to the touch. Remove from the oven and fully cool on a wire rack before starting to frost them.
Frosting (for 12 cupcakes)
- 200 g butter (room temperature)
- 250 g icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp milk
- green food colouring
1. In a mixing bowl beat the butter until smooth
2. Sift in the icing sugar, stirring while doing so
3. Add the vanilla extract and milk which should then result in the frosting having a light and creamy texture
4. Mix your green food colouring into the icing (very slowly (use a cocktail stick to drip this in gradually if your unsure) until you achieve your desired green colour.
5. Ensuring the cupcakes are completely cool, put the mixture into a piping bag and pipe the icing onto them starting from the outside of the cake and working into the centre to create tall Christmas trees.
6. Decorate with coloured balls or stars
Paper straws have made a huge come back this year and this range has added something a little extra with the cheerful Christmas flag on each one, good fun for children’s drinks or in your Christmas cocktails! Make sure your guests know where they’re sitting to avoid great auntie sitting on the dressing table stool / garden chair or other type of chair dragged from elsewhere in your house to accommodate everyone for lunch! The place cards in the Christmas Cheer range have four different sayings to add a bit of humour to the table too. A Christmas table essential has to be the napkins firstly to help the table look Christmassy and secondly for helping avoid getting gravy on their Christmas best! The Christmas Cheer napkins come folded like Santa’s shirt so make a lovely display on the table and are proving to be one of the most popular items in the range.
Every Christmas gathering needs cake, and what better way of Christmasifying (a word I use all the time although not entirely certain it has a place in the English dictionary) your cake than with the Christmas Cheer Cake Decorating Kit. Simply push the decorations into the cake and add the cake band and ta dah an amazing centrepiece! Here’s the picture of one we prepared earlier for a Christmas Fair (cake kindly baked by M&S!) and it literally took 5 Minutes to do, the kind of cake decorating we like! This was a small 6″ cake so the decorations would look more spaced out on a larger cake.
Last but not least bunting! There’s always room for more bunting and this range has a large version – perfect for hanging down staircases, across ceiling beams, along walls etc… and a mini bunting which is perfect across a mantle piece or the front of a Christmas party buffet table!
We’re giving you the opportunity to save 10% on all orders containing items from the Christmas Cheer Range – simply ensure your basket has one or more Christmas Cheer range items in and enter the discount code Christmas Cheer when prompted at checkout before midnight on Sunday (25th November) and you will save 10% on your full order.
If you’re attending any lights switch ons or Christmas Fairs this weekend have a lovely festive time